Saturday, September 16, 2006

Game Night




Mom speaking here: This was the BEST!!!! game that I've ever been to. Talk about fun, exciting entertaining! Wow what a great time. Now I can't tell you what kind of pitch was thrown or how many funs was scored and what was the color of the other team? What I can tell you is Adron is the funnyest kid I know. I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I did tonight.

We have been talking about the game all day and he was ready to get into the car when our friend Dana got there to pick us up. I think he thought that we were going to get Ryan.. but heres how the night went. Meet our friends at the church, got a snack and started off down the road. Adron, full of excitment, was ready to play game. He had the right food, drink and shirt ready to go.... then fell a sleep on the way there. Get to the parking lot and Rob was nice enough to hold him as we walked. Then my friend Candice, that will be having a baby, took a turn. Adron decied that he needed to share the love around. So know after kicking some teen out of our seat we are ready to go...

Now did I tell you at the door they gave us rolled up poster? Here is when the fun started. My boy can find any way to turn something into a sport. Tonight's game was hitting people with his new bat! Two people thought it would be good to move ... I don't understand why at this point he and Dana were the only ones playing this game. He's dancing-hitting... what kind of mom am I? Do I put a stop to this madness or do I think "Dana doesn't mind my kid is really happy". So I decided to keep laughing and not say a work becasue I CAN'T say anything because I'm laughing so hard tears are starting to come out of my eyes. I do believe by this time the crowd around us was laughing and enjoying my friend Dana being pounded by the 2 year old. So I think a few innings went by and not so sure what happend.

But games really don't get any better until the 5th inning anyways. Adron is needing a challenge by this point and thinks it would be fun to hit the boy two rows down and with two tries he does just that. I, laughing, tell the young man sorry and that he had been trying to do this all night. He didn't think I was very funny. In the mean time Candice has garlic fries and we need to get some more to drink and snacks. Adron was retaxing with Rob enjoying the game while Dana and I went to go get food. We came back with: water, big pretzal, nacho's with pepper (because the lady said we needed them becasue we are in Texas) super duper size diet coke for Dana. Came back Adron is very happy with the snacks he says yumm yummm. He got wild again -finds his new bat and starts the game all over again. But this time he likes the people behind us. They were really nice and told me to let him swing and maybe he would make me some money one day. Candice is now the target while Dana is holding the nacho's he feels the need to hit her some too! Once again do I step in and help my friends out or can I even do this because I'm laughing so hard. Yeah, I kept on laughing.. now the snacks have spilled Adron is done playing and let me tell you about the game, really I started watching, because we were on tv -lots of action on our end of the feild. Top of the 6th -bases loaded, and Adron says "bye bye" (it's time to go home).

I don't know who won or if the game is even over at this point but I do know that this was the best game I've ever been to.

Mom

2 comments:

Dana said...

Had a great time at the game with you, Adron! Think my bruises are starting to heal... :)

Candice said...

Adron I am so glad you got to come to the game with us. You definitely provided for some between inning entertainment. Ouch!