Monday, May 26, 2008

This weekend





We are having a great weekend.

Friday night, we went to Stonecrest shopping center to hear some live music and eat some Taco's. We had fun walking around; the weather was wonderful in the high 70's. We went and got some ice cream than went home.

Saturday, Adron and Nathan went to go get Adron a tennis racket. We have a tennis court here at the apt. and also have a view of it. Adron is learning new sports these day. First golf, if you remember he steals the ball at the country club. Tennis is the latest. He can now hit the ball with one hand on the racket. BOOOO I didn't have my camera with me so I'll be getting more pictures later. He is really proud of the racket, one because his dad got it for him, and two it's new, he even took it to church with us.

After our tennis match, we cooked and headed out to Indian Trail to meet our friends for a cook out. The boys both went to sleep in the car, and wouldn't you know it Adron stayed asleep until we woke him up an hour later. The kids had so much fun playing in the bounce house. Ava, Korah, and Adron were posing for a picture. Grace had fallen out of the bounce house, and Noah, was still eating like a good boy! Thanks Ben and Kendra for opening up your home to us.

Sunday, we went to church. Things are getting better for me, just getting to church. I've started taking the kids to 2nd service; we can sleep in some, and go get donuts. ( we got donuts every Sunday in Dallas, Adron had a HUGE fit when we didn't do this when we can to Charlotte. I have now found the donut shop) This Sunday things were hard for the kids. Adron now know that we are not on vacation, we are really staying here. So going to Jr Worship is hard these days. He went fine into class, after class he wanted to sit with his friends. When it was time for Jr. Worship he wouldn’t go. So I made him go!! After lots of crying and a very long talk, I pushed him in and he did great. Mean while, I've got up from my seat during the service 3 times. I was thinking, ok maybe I can hear some of the lesson. No! My pager went off "Child UPSET" AHHH which one is it? Did I say I was sitting right up front? Oh yea, up again, and this time it was Houston??? WHAT?? He had been crying for a while and wouldn't take his bottle and should have been asleep. Bring him back into worship, he is happy and talking making as much noise has he could, but he was so happy!! 10 minutes later, church was over and I went to go get Adron. Yes, he was so happy and excited to show me what they had done in class... All I can say is don’t ask me what the lesson was about....

Today, Nathan is doing a service project, (that I did yesterday after all that) the boys are I am still in our pj's. Off to another cook out. The playgroup is at my house this week, so I have some work to do. Hope ya'll have a great long weekend...

1 comment:

Amy said...

I feel your pain with all the adjustments. Kids are so resilient though... it probably won't take them long to adjust!!